In-house R&D on development of novel platform technologies and drug discovery
Innovative sustainable eco-bioprocesses
WHEY2VALUE - Valorising waste whey into high value products
Whey2Value is a patented technology, which converts acid waste whey from dairy factories into high value animal feed products (vitamin B12) and clean water in the same process.
CHALLENGE:Acid waste whey is a major environmental issue for the worldâ€™s dairy industry and its disposal is very expensive.
Whey is a large volume by-product of cheese production, generating worldwide 190 million tons/year, of which only 50% is processed into food and feed products at high costs.
Approximately 50% of whey (mainly acid whey) is discarded and must be treated at wastewater stations or using other costly disposal technologies, presenting a huge economic and environmental burden to the industry.
- unique and economic bioprocess to utilize whey as a primary substrate for microbial fermentation
- sustainable production of high-value products from waste
- complete conversion of acid whey into vitamin B12 contained in protein rich biomass, and purified water
- B12-enriched biomass used as high quality animal feed
- purified water can be recycled as technological water by dairy factories, further reducing their environmental footprint
CORE VALUE PROPOSITION:
- patented technology
- creating vitamin B12 from acid waste whey
- lower production costs
- lower investment costs
- lower operational costs
- better product quality for competitive price for premix industry
- lower environmental footprint (clean water)
- potential market leader in B12 animal feed application market in 2020
- better quality of vitamin B12 (non-GMO, no cyanide, natural-organic form
ABCloneTM is fast and efficient solution for cloning of large natural and synthetic DNA fragments. We provide ABCloneTM as a stand alone service for getting quickly your long DNA fragment sub-cloned into plasmid vector of your choice.
Acies Bio received the â€śJesenko Awardâ€ť from Biotechnical Faculty of University of Ljubljana. The award recognizes institutions for their outstanding research work in the field of biotechnology.
European Medicines Agency (EMA) granted orphan medicinal product designation to its lead compound CAB1803 for Pantothenate-kinase-associated neurodegeneration (PKAN).
Scientists at ACIES BIO made a breakthrough innovation: high-value technology that uses unique and economic bioprocess to convert acid waste whey from dairy factories into high value animal feed products (vitamin B12) and clean water in the same process. Check out Whey2Value!